Coordinate and align services of agencies serving unconnected youth ages 14-24
- Why: Unconnected youth don’t have similar opportunities to learn and exhibit leadership
- Who: Unconnected Youth (young people ages 14-24 who have been in foster care, but are not aging out of the system to qualify for Bridges to Independence, and youth who have received in home & out of home from the Department of Health and Human Services as a result of abuse of neglect, and youth who have multiple system involvement (Department of Health and Human Services, Juvenile Justice, Mental Health, and/or homeless/near homeless with unmet needs) without traditional leadership opportunities
- How: through 1) Youth leadership institute 2) Youth in leadership 3) Service learning 4) Activities
- Why: Maintains and creates partnerships among agencies and communities through coordinated efforts and mutual planning
- Who: Agencies serving youth
- How: Data collection to ensure unduplicated count, track outcomes, family-centered, client centered approach to coordinating plans, ensuring the agencies have what they need to serve the youth
- Why: Program had success in Eastern Nebraska and was adopted in the Panhandle. Financial case management has been identified as a huge need in unconnected youth.
- Who: Embedded financial case management through training in Panhandle agencies who serve unconnected youth.
- How: Transitional process beginning with basic education around money that moves towards asset acquisiton-specific training.
- Why: Gaps exist in available resources and transitional services try to fill these gaps
- Who: Panhandle providers
- How: Developed from original asset maps
Regional Training Plan
- Developed during collective meetings with all providers present
- Agency and system needs identified
- Overlapping of needs are often discovered
- Trainings are rolled out to meet these needs
Click here for more Youth Thrive information
Biannual surveys conducted twice a year to all agencies and their clients
Monthly meetings – Please visit our calendar to see when the next Connected Youth System of Care Meeting is taking place
For more information about this work group, please contact Betsy Vidlak