The Executive Director is the key management leader of Panhandle Partnership, Inc. The Partnership is a unique nonprofit with core values centered on collaboration and servant leadership. Additionally, the Partnership does not provide direct services and instead focuses on building cross-sector collaboration. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, initiatives and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include relationship-building, facilitation, and service to the organization’s broad-based membership. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and is based in Scottsbluff, NE.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Panhandle Partnership in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors and the organization’s members.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops and maintains resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Panhandle Partnership, to include submission to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with statewide funders.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board, members, and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through initiative development, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for overseeing of Panhandle Partnership’s work groups that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Provide key input regarding initiative development.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Panhandle Partnership can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Panhandle Partnership’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of Panhandle Partnership operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for overseeing a multitude of contracts and subcontracts
- Collaborate with Board Chair for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Nonprofit management experience preferred
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Panhandle Partnership’s strategic future to stakeholders
- Knowledge of donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and organizational members
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Adherence to and development of employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serve as Panhandle Partnership’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with member organizations
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Panhandle Partnership’s mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors and organization members to seek their involvement and direction regarding initiative development.
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff.
- Support Panhandle Partnership work groups and serve as a liaison between work groups, board of directors, and membership.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review contracts for services to be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Interested applicants should send their resume, a cover letter, and a completed application to Panhandle Partnership, 1517 Broadway Ste 106, Scottsbluff, NE 69361 or electronically to email@example.com.