Nebraska Opioid Summit
March 4 @ 9:00 am - March 5 @ 4:00 pm CST| $50.00
This training, delivered by clinical and training experts, provides state and local health department employees an understanding of best-practice when working with individuals with opioid use disorder. Participants will gain the knowledge, skills, and tools to more successfully provide services for individuals with opioid use disorders in a person-centered, recovery-oriented system of care.
Those who attend this two-day training will gain a better understanding of:
- Neurobiology of addiction and recovery
- Stigma around OUD and ways to reduce it
- Understanding addiction as a long-term, chronic, no-fault disease/illness
- Introduction to workplace practices that support persons in recovery
- Training in de-escalation, engagement and support network
- Understanding medication-assisted treatment
- Current initiatives in Nebraska
- Best practices to implement strategies to raise awareness
Target Audience: Local Health departments wanting to gain a better understanding of opioid use disorders
13 CEs provided
Lunch will be provided both days.
Room blocks available at La Quinta Inn & Suites at a government rate of $96.00.
Please call to make reservations: (308) 237-4400
The special rate will expire on February 5th.