Bridges Out of Poverty
June 8 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm MDT
This workshop is a comprehensive approach to understanding poverty using the lens of economic class and provides concrete tools and strategies for a community to alleviate poverty. Participants will review poverty research, examine a theory of change, and analyze poverty through the prism of the hidden rules of class, resources, family structure, and language.
This workshop is open to the general public and perfect for community organizers, elected officials, concerned citizens, nonprofit staff, mental health providers, educators and school counselors, those working in the health and human service industry, frontline employees and more!
- Registration $35 – includes refreshments and lunch.
- Scholarships are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check-in and networking will begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Various agencies will have outreach tables.
- Contact Kayla Gasker to arrange a table, please email email@example.com
Special thanks to these sponsors and supporters:
- Western Nebraska Community College
- United Way of Western Nebraska
- Community Action of Nebraska
- Alliance Christian Ministerial Association