- This event has passed.
Bridges Out of Poverty- Part 2: Institutional Lens
October 14 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm MDT
This workshop is an in-depth extension of the Bridges Out of Poverty workshop and builds strategies to break down poverty’s barriers and embed new constructs. This session introduces change strategies for program designs, policies, and procedures. The session is designed to take the constructs introduced in the Bridges Out of Poverty workshop and help participants begin embedding them at the institutional level.
Participation in the original Bridges Out of Poverty is strongly recommended, but not required. If you missed previous offerings of Bridges Out of Poverty, you can take an online course. Visit https://www.ahaprocess.com/event/bridges-out-of-poverty-workshop-elubridjrp-2109/ for more information
Registration is limited!
Participants will learn more about:
- How to apply the Bridges lens within the institutions in which we work
- How to develop a client life cycle from the client/customer point of view to reveal areas where our institutions create barriers to change and positive client outcomes
- Identifying and analyzing our institutional theory of change
- Reviewing and practicing effective stages of change and motivational skills
- Using hidden rules and language constructs in practice
- Identifying which areas of the poverty research continuum their institution addresses
- Barriers to collaboration among organizations
- Ranking the strengths and resources of their organizations
- Analyzing their organizations: Is your organization a bridges organization?
This workshop is open to the general public and perfect for community organizers, elected officials, concerned citizens, nonprofit staff, mental health providers, educators and school counselors, those working in the health and human service industry, frontline employees and more!
Registration includes refreshments and lunch.
Special thanks to these sponsors and supporters:
- Western Nebraska Community College
- United Way of Western Nebraska
- CAPstone Child Advocacy Center
- Community Action of Nebraska
- Alliance Christian Ministerial Association
- Medica Foundation
Save the dates to continue the conversation in the Bridges Out of Poverty series!
- Bridges Out of Poverty: Community Lens (Part 3) – June 9, 2022 in Alliance