Board Masters Training
July 24 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm MDT| $20.00
Nonprofit boards need strong skills and a thorough understanding of their role to serve effectively. We
cover the most important aspects of board governance in this interactive, intensive program. You’ll
leave with clarity about your roles and responsibilities as a governing body, an understanding of the
roles of staff members versus board members and tools you can use to strengthen your board.
• What it means to be legally and socially accountable for your organization
• Principles of sound financial oversight
• The board’s role in fundraising
• The role of the board as “employer”
• Board conduct and how to develop a well-rounded, effective board of directors
The session is organized around the nine responsibilities of a nonprofit board
1. Determining the mission
2. Establishing the vision and strategic direction
3. Monitoring programs and service delivery
4. Assuring legal and bylaws compliance
5. Overseeing the organization’s finances and protecting its assets
7. Community relations
8. Selecting, supporting, and evaluating the executive director
9. Building the competency of the board
Board Masters is suitable for organizations big and small, regardless of mission focus. It is best for
current and potential board members who:
• Want to better understand the role of a nonprofit board
• Want to be a better board member.
• Want to learn about nonprofit governance
• Wonder whether their board is fulfilling its role
• Despite their passion for the organization, are feeling disengaged and/or untapped as a board
To get the maximum benefit of this training, we strongly encourage at least one board member and
one senior-level staff member attend together.
Lunch Will Be Provided!
Thanks to our Partners at Nonprofit Association of the Midlands for providing this training to the Panhandle!